Monday, June 9, 2008

Memorial Day @ Mimi's House

Memorial Day didn't exactly have a story-book beginning, but it ended up being a pretty good day. Mom & Dad took me to Scottish Rite since I was running a 102 degree fever. A dose of Motrin and several hours later, I was being held by my Mimi. As the day went on, I shed my fever and began feeling much better. The day was topped off when my Uncle Dee gave me a Piggy Bank that is shaped as a Dinosaur. It is really cool how you "Feed" that bank - My Uncle Al and Nana started feeding my bank and my smile grew with each coin deposited. I look forward to my Dinosaur GROWING each day. All that Dinosaur feeding made me tired, though, as you can see.


2 comments:

Al said...

Autie Rae,
Who's that BIG lug standing behind you wearing the white Louisville Slugger t-shirt? You may want to stay clear of THAT guy! I guess as long as he's feeding your dinosaur you're OK, but I'd ONLY trust him in the future about as far as you could toss him, which I'm guessing here, wouldn't be very far at all! If your parents think that little smile of yours grows with each coin deposited, just wait till they see your face when Aunt Lisa starts depositing five and ten dollar bills into your bank! They're gonna need a plastic surgeon to chisel that monster grin off your excited little mug! Anyway, it was good seeing you and your folks on Memorial Day, and I'm glad to hear you're feeling better. There's a very important anniversary coming up this Thursday, so make sure your daddy posts! I have something special I want to say to you then, but for NOW it will have to wait! In the meantime, don't keep your dinosaur waiting. I think I just heard his stomach "growl"!

"It's YO' Gut"!

Aunt Lisa said...

Autumn,

I'm thinking I may need a loan soon...whatta-ya-say? I think "al" forgot who he was talking about when he said that about when "Aunt Lisa" starts depositing $5 & $10 to the dinosaur...He needs to remember I am a "low man on the totum pole" and he is the "Regional Manager"! If I had it, I would gladly spend it on you little cupcake! But until I do...I will gladly give you lots and lots of LOVE! ***muah***

xoxoxo,
Aunt Lisa