Sunday, July 12, 2009

19 going on 30

The 12th of each month is extremely special
on this day you think of what you are blessed with, a precious little angel.

Dad is already on medication and I am about to drive mom to the brink of blood pressure pills,
it is mainly due to all the commotion I create, stuff I break and my spectacular spills.

Of course when it is time to lay my head down for a long night's sleep,
I appear so precious and innocent, mainly because I am not making a peep.

So, I am now 19 going on thirty,
let me go so I can go find some trouble and get dirty!

1 comment:

Al said...

Autie Rae,
"The Twelfth of Never!"

The twelfth of the month is almost here, just three days shy of a check;
And though I'm running low on funds, it's off to eat at the "Dinner Deck!"
But some have said, in jest, I pray, the joint is no longer there;
Oh Lord, give me strength, I failed the test, and soiled my new underwear!
So where to go for a fresh change of clothes, not to mention a home-cooked meal?
The Salvation Army, of course, you dope, I'll get food and duds for a steal!
But then I thought, that just ain't right, to take from the Lord that way;
So I stopped instead at the local mart, for clean shorts and a King Size PayDay!
And now you tell me the twelfth is special, what for I'll never know?
Next time I'll wait for the blessed fifteenth, and pray for dinner and a show!