Friday, July 20, 2007

Hearing the Baby's Heartbeat for the First Time

Can you say nervous? We waited nearly 90 seconds for Dr. Blank to find the heartbeat...excitement and anticipation turned to nervousness, thinking that something might have gone wrong.

Then, out of nowhere, we heard the rapid heartbeat of the little raspberry...161 heartbeats per minute...Is it a girl or boy? Only God knows at this point!

We both pray every night that God will nourish the little baby and prepare us to be the Christian parents that He would have us be...

1 comment:

Al said...

Julie,
Wow!....161 beats per minute, huh? That's almost as many heartbeats as I had when I found out I had a JOB interview! Luckily, my heartbeat returned to about 72 beats per minute when they called to tell me I didn't get the job! "WHEW"!!! Anyway, I know you and Michael both are extremely excited about your future "addition"! It sounds like everything is going well with the baby, and I also know that everything will turn out just fine as long as you continue to trust in the Lord! My thoughts and prayers are with the "three" of you, and I hope that you will continue to pray for me as I "renew" my commitment to dodge each and every future job interview that comes my way! "Blessed Assurance"!!!